|Address:||13 Office Park Circle Mountain Brook, AL 35223|
- 1 About Linly Heflin Scholarship
- 2 The Linly Heflin Scholarship Application for 2021/2022
- 3 What are the basic requirements to apply for the Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022?
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for Linly Heflin Scholarship
- 5 What is the Linly Heflin Scholarship Amount and Awards
About Linly Heflin Scholarship
The Linly Heflin Scholarship is about women. It’s established to help women who live or seeking to pursue academic careers at an institution in Alabama.
The scholarship program aims to provide women who are seeking an undergraduate degree in a four-year accredited college and university in Alabama, US.
Therefore, the Linly Heflin Scholarship award is to cover educational expenses such as tuition fees, books and accommodations provided by the state college or university.
The award is based on merit and all recipients are expected to maintain good academic performance throughout the scholarship for them to enjoy the benefits for the four years that the scholarship runs.
Recipients are advised to always send their end of semester grades, as well as other grades of each semester to the Linly Heflin Scholarship foundation.
The Linly Heflin Scholarship Application for 2021/2022
This year, the Linly Heflin Unit will also grant scholarships for qualified applicants to fund their four years academic programs with a sum of $9,000 per year.
Every year the Linly Heflin Scholarship provides funds to a limited number of applicants who have demonstrated and provide evidence of financial needs along with excellent academic records.
What are the basic requirements to apply for the Linly Heflin Scholarship 2021/2022?
Below are the basic requirements to qualify and become a recipient of the Linly Heflin Scholarship program:
- First is you must be a female student, enrolled in an accredited college or university of Alabama pursuing a four-year degree program.
- Applicants must provide financial need documents including academic transcripts, ACT score verification, and verification of income.
- All applicants must be enrolled full-time to be considered.
- Candidates are expected to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 through their academic years to keep the scholarship.
Note that if your cumulative GPA is less than the required, the scholarship may be terminated, which is why you have to study hard to service and renew the scholarship each semester.
Linly Heflin Scholarship Deadline
Application is currently on for the Linly Heflin Scholarship and the deadline is slated for Jan. 3 2022. Beyond this date, your application will not be accepted and processed.
Eligibility Criteria for Linly Heflin Scholarship
- All candidates applying for the Linly Heflin Scholarship must be female.
- Applicants must be United States citizens precisely from Alabama.
- Recipients must have a minimum ACT score of 23.
- Applicants must submit along with their academic proficiency a document showing evidence of financial need.
- Applicants can be single or married.
- Lastly, applicants must maintain at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 throughout their undergraduate degree program.
What is the Linly Heflin Scholarship Amount and Awards
The Linly Heflin scholarship award is valued at $9,000 per year. Meaning, each recipient of the award will receive $9,000 every year for the duration of their degree program.
The award is divided into 2 semesters and for recipients to claim the semester’s award amount, which is $4,500 she must first submit her academic performance record (semester’s grade) for the semesters.
The Linly Heflin Scholarship is spread and awarded for eight consecutive semesters. And the scholarship fund does not extend or cover post-graduate degrees.
The scholarship amount is sent directly to the institution in which the recipient is enrolled.
In the case where there is a change of information, such as contact details or college status, the organisation must be informed the moment the change takes place.